The laptop starts with a blue screen error after memory upgrade.
1. Memory not seated correctly.
2. Bad memory module.
3. Bad memory slot on motherboard.
Possible troubleshooting steps and repair solution:
I assume that you are using the right memory type and size for your laptop.
1. It’s possible the memory module was installed incorrectly. Try reconnecting the module. Remove it from the slot and install back. Test the laptop.
2. Check out all contacts on the memry module. Make sure all contacts are clean. Take a look into the memory slot. Make sure there is no junk inside the memory slot.
3. If you installed new memory module instead of the old one, try installing the old memory module back and test the laptop. If the laptop works fine with the old module but not the new one, it’s possible that your new memory module is defective. You can test memory with Memtest86+ utility (google it).
4. If you installed new memory module into the emptly slot, it’s possible that the slot itself is defective. Move the new memory module into another slot and test the laptop. If the laptop works fine when installed into the second slot, the first memory slot could be bad. In this case you’ll have to replace the motherboard or use the laptop with only one memory module installed into the good slot.